vistabroadcompbn module

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

climberman

climberman

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Here is how it all started. My internet connection wasn’t very good so I bought the Belkin adapter and installed it. The connection was great but when I left my computer for a couple of hours I come back and tried to get on the internet there wasn’t a connection. As far as the computer was concerned there was a connection everything said that the connection was fine a good connection. I would have to restart my computer to get it to work I tried everything else nothing worked. Belkin said that it was my computer not there driver. I decided to buy a cisco Linksys because my hub is a Linksys and I thought that maybe that was the problem. The same thing happened except now after I restart my computer a window comes up that says my VistaBroadcom Module is not responding. The only way I can get rid of it is to start the task manager and stop it from running and then everything is working fine.

I have a vista 64 bit

4 gb ram

I have service pack 2

Night Hawk

Night Hawk

WindowsForums Administration

• Administrators
  • 8,137 posts
Hello climberman Welcome to the WindowsForums!

Some basic information about your connection would help here. Are you running a hard wired dsl or cable connection? for example. Is the Belkin now Cisco adapter a PCI type nic(ethernet) card or USB type adapter?

For the cable connection here the desktop is plugged directly by way of a Netgear nic card into the cable modem/router combination while a LinkSYS router runs parallel for two laptops using the WiFi from that. Windows auttomatically detected the nic card and saw a driver installed for it even when the item is uninstalled in the Device Manager and the system restarted on occasion where connection was lost temporarily here Windows would automatically reinstall the network driver needed for the card.

For an alternate solution when a driver hasn't become inactive you would shut the system down, turn off or unplug the modem or hub, and then proceed to unplug eveything(ethernet cable, ac power). While the desktop is still off after some 20-30 seconds you would replug in or turn on the modem/gateway again and allow it to resync with the ISP. That will take a minute or so.

The next step if you now have a router plugged inline between pc and hub would be plugging that in and turning that on if a power switch is present and allow that to appear to the hub as the pc. Once that syncs you replug and power up the desktop to have gone through the steps needed to recycle the modem, router if in use, and re-establish a private IP with your ISP.

For a USB type connection typically seen with modems and gateways provided by an ISP that tend to lack 64bit driver support connecting a router and nic card rather then using the usb port option solved the lack of connection seen with the 64bit Windows here. Upon changing ISPs from dsl to cable the purchase of a new modem solved all connection problems for not only the 64bit Windows but for other OSs as well.

For the 64bit Windows the find here was use of a PCI type nic card and Cat 5 or 6 RJ45 type ethernet cable that goes directly from pc to modem or router. Note this is presently on the 64bit Windows 7 while the previous version should also automatically detect and install the drivers needed for a nic card type adapter.

t71qir.jpg

NOTICE: To All New Arrivals - WF Welcome Center - Community Rules

(avatar courtesy of TheBull - WF affiliate CreativX)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users