leaderboard_interactive

About Yontoo Layers Runtime, is it a virus and should I uninstall it?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

BManIT8577

BManIT8577

• Registered
  • 7 posts
I was wondering if I should Unistall Yontoo Layers Runtime 1.10.01? I wasn't sure where to post this because I am new to the WindowsForums.org website. I am wondering YLR is spyware. Thanks. :)

Night Hawk

Night Hawk

WindowsForums Administration

• Administrators
  • 8,143 posts
Hello BManIT8577 Welcome to the WindowsForums!

Generally this type of thread would be started in the Security section. As for Yontoo as long as you downloaded it through a valid site you are looking a more or less programmer's/developer's alternative to Java runtime. You can look it over more starting at the home page. http://www.yontoo.com/

How do I uninstall Yontoo?

NOTE: Uninstalling Yontoo will make ALL Platform Apps cease to function!

If there's a single piece of functionality you no longer want, but still want to use others, consider disabling the specific Yontoo App individually.

Uninstall from Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome (PC): Go to the Windows Start Menu and then to Control Panel > Add/Remove ("Programs & Features" in Vista/Windows 7) and click "Remove" next to 'Yontoo'.

Uninstall from Firefox or Google Chrome (Mac): In the top menu, go to Tools > Add-ons. Select the Yontoo logo and then click Uninstall. Note: You cannot uninstall from PC with these steps, see instructions above for PC.

Yontoo Support

I think that rules out any malware as long as you ended up with the actual Yontoo. That was in the short list of questions and answers on their rather small support page.

t71qir.jpg

NOTICE: To All New Arrivals - WF Welcome Center - Community Rules

(avatar courtesy of TheBull - WF affiliate CreativX)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users